Friday, February 18, 2011

delusional me!

as if my life this year isn't crammed up with enough things to do, my wandering mind led me to the daring baker's challenge and i had a sudden inspiration - since i love baking so much, let me try to cross one baking hurdle every month. good thought? well, not so much. the last time i tried, i packed a good 40 lbs on my petite frame and the result is 5 years later, i'm still shedding, post my wedding.

so here goes. in addition to one baking challenge every month, i will overcome one fitness/ health obstacle each month as well. hopefully this will keep me right.

Baking Challenge for March:

Piping in Chocolate

the french and their foo-foo ways of dressing up their food has always attracted me. not only am i a big fan of any good piping project (never having been patient enough to be able to make my piping look good), i love la technique du cornet - the art of dressing up a dinner plate with chocolate swirls/ floral patterns/ anything foo-foo-ishly awesome. so here goes. while i don't want to waste good money on practicing my piping skills, i can definitely get my hands on some mehendi cones and parchment paper to get the job done. once i feel that my hands are steady with the cone, i will move to a piping bag.

By the end of March, I should have posted a picture of a beautifully decorated dinner plate for all to see. Nice, eh?


Health/ Fitness Challenge for March:

if Atul is reading this (note, his is the only name that has a capital letter adorning it - R.E.S.P.E.C.T!) he will probably be sighing with the thought of...didn't you just buy a fitness dvd yesterday? and am i not going to be miserably upset with you for buying that aerobic step tonight (haha, more to come mon cher) and now what are you going to do with the incline trainer i bought you in november?

well, to answer it all..while i experiment with what goes well in shedding this blob of slob back to a lean human, this month's fitness challenge is to make my way up to 5000 vertical feet on my incline trainer - AT LEAST ONCE in march.

So far, on my most enthusiastic journeys on the trainer, i have managed 2000 vert. ft in one go - 700 calories shot in one shot. phew! mais no, mes enfants, i have to go further than that. this time, it shall be a 5k challenge!!

So watch out for updates and henna colored toddler pictures. this is going to be so much...aggravation. Yahoo!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. Oh holy mother of everything sacred !! 700 cals in one shot !! Man you amaze me..

    And I think you look hot regardless..

    ReplyDelete